Monday, May 28, 2012

Six Flags Great Adventure 5/28/12

This post of mine is a personal experience I had at Six Flags on Saturday. I go every year plenty of times, way more than the average person so I know that park forward and backward. When I went, I got in very early and headed straight to the newest ride that was built and just released, SkyScreamer.

It's a swing ride that lifts riders over 200 feet above the ground. The line quickly grew to a very long length. When we finally got onto the ride after it broke down for a while, we were very excited to see what would happen. Commercials seem to make the ride seem taller than it really is although it is a lot more thrilling than regular swings. It was very peaceful however and only lasted for a little while so I am not completely sure if I would wait on a long line for it again. Its one of those rides you go on for the heck of it.

The day was scorching hot, I even got some color just standing in line. Make sure to bring suntan lotion to protect yourself from a nasty burn because the sun has no mercy. For Memorial Day weekend the lines in the park were not very long. Even Kingda Ka had a 10 minute wait.

For hot days like these I would recommend getting the souvenir bottle that cost $15 for one and less for each additional one you purchase. The same day you buy it, you can get as many refills as you wish which helps more than you think. It is the only item you can leave on the side of rides without paying and you can bring it back with you for refills that are only a dollar the rest of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment